QBSF-60 is a proprietary serum-free medium that supports the expansion of human hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells.
QBSF-60 supports CD34+ cells derived from normal bone marrow, cord blood, peripheral blood stem cells mobilized with cytokines for ex-vivo expansion and differentiation to erythrocytes, granulocytes, and lymphocytes.
- Contains L-glutamine and Phenol Red
- Endotoxin, mycoplasma, and performance tested
- Sterile Filtered
QBSF-60 can be used for the maintenance of human hematopoietic stem cell culture, to support CD34 cell proliferation and differentiation to multi-lineage cells, and to support human umbilical and blood vessel endothelial cells
The QBSF products have been used successfully in different cell culture applications; investigators are encouraged to explore new uses.
QBSF products used in various applications
- Serum-free culture conditions for cells capable of producing long-term survival in lethally irradiated mice. Brown et al. Stem Cells. 1997;15(3):237-45.
- HES1 inhibits cycling of hematopoietic progenitor cells via DNA binding. Yu et al., Stem Cells. 2006 Apr;24(4):876-88.
- Constitutive activation of STAT5A promotes human hematopoietic stem cell self-renewal and erythroid differentiation. Schuringa et al., J Exp Med. 2004 Sep 6;200(5):623-35.
- Acute Sensitivity of Ph-like Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia to the SMAC-Mimetic Birinapant. Richmond et al., Cancer Res. 2016 Aug 1;76(15):4579-91.
- Initial CD34+ cell-enrichment of cord blood determines hematopoietic stem/progenitor cell yield upon ex vivo expansion. Andrade et al., J Cell Biochem. 2011 Jul;112(7):1822-31.
- Efficient iPS cell generation from blood using episomes and HDAC inhibitors. Hubbard JJ. et al., J Vis Exp. 2014 Oct 28;(92):e52009.
- Short-term exposure of umbilical cord blood CD34+ cells to granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor early in culture improves ex vivo expansion of neutrophils. Marturana et al., Cytotherapy. 2011 Mar;13(3):366-77.
- Stromal cell-free conditions favorable for human B lymphopoiesis in culture. Ichii et al., J Immunol Methods. 2010 Jul 31;359(1-2):47-55.
- Adaptation of BHK cells producing a recombinant protein to serum-free media and protein-free medium. Cruz et al. Cytotechnology. 1998 Jan;26(1):59-64.
- Grafts of adenosine-releasing cells suppress seizures in kindling epilepsy. Huber et al. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001 Jun 19;98(13):7611-6.
- Cytosine deaminase adenoviral vector and 5-fluorocytosine selectively reduce breast cancer cells 1 million-fold when they contaminate hematopoietic cells: a potential purging method for autologous transplantation. Garcia-Sanchez et al. Blood. 1998 Jul 15;92(2):672-82.
Storage Conditions: 2°C to 8°C
Shipping Condition: ambient temperature
pH: 7.0± 0.2
Osmolality: 285 ± 3% mOsm/Kg H20
Harmonization Code: 3821.00.0000
Max Shelf Life: 24 months